NEW ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN & BUILD
Residential and light commercial building construction are one of our top specialties.
The team at Brewer Builders are available for demolition and site clearance through, to final landscaping.
View our house plans, or bring your own plans and work with one of our trusted architects to make your dream build come true.
Imagine your new home, built exactly how you want it and designed to meet your needs in your chosen location.
From experience, Brewer Builders have become experts in working with Technical Category 3 (TC3) land and sections designated within Christchurch Flood Management Areas.
We are ready to tackle your next project.
If you are looking to knock down and rebuild your old home, or have purchased a property to redevelop, or a section to build your dream home, then Contact Us.
Our highly experienced team can help with all aspects of your new build experience; turning your inspirations into reality.
Information on Technical Category 3 (TC3)
What does Technical Category 3 (TC3, green) mean?
Land classified as green means that homes are suitable for repair and rebuild.
- Land generally suitable for houses to be repaired or rebuilt.
- Property owners should talk directly with their insurer or EQC about repairs.
- EQC is currently coordinating an area-wide TC3 drilling programme. The information gained from this programme will help in making decisions about how to repair or rebuild foundations for houses on TC3 land.
- EQC and insurers, in consultation with the home owner, will make decisions about foundation repairs or reconstruction based on professional advice.
- Testing will not necessarily need to take place on every affected property in order to get adequate information for foundation design.
- EQC has been working closely with both Building and Housing and local councils to ensure the onsite testing will meet building consent requirements.
- If additional or site-specific geotechnical information is required to determine the appropriate foundation solution for an individual TC3 property, EQC will be responsible for obtaining this information if the claims are under cap. In all other cases the insurer will be responsible for this work.
- Repair and rebuilding work should take into consideration the risk of ongoing aftershocks, so some finishing tasks such as brick and driveway concrete laying should be delayed until that risk decreases.
Further information about the EQC TC3 drilling programme (external link)
What does Technical Category 3 (TC3, blue) mean?
Some properties in the green zone have experienced liquefaction-related land damage and considerable settlement during the sequence of Canterbury earthquakes. While land in the green zone is still generally considered suitable for residential construction, houses in some areas will need more robust foundations or site foundation design where foundation repairs or rebuilding are required.
Technical Category 3 (TC3, blue) means that moderate to significant land damage from liquefaction is possible in future significant earthquakes. Site-specific geotechnical investigation and specific engineering foundation design is required. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for homes in Technical Category 3 (TC3) that require repairs to foundations or need to be rebuilt. Foundations designed for homes in TC3 will be site specific and may involve deep foundation piles.
Site-specific geotechnical investigation will identify the best foundation design for your property to reduce the risk of injury to people and damage to your property in future earthquakes. Detailed information about foundation requirements is available on the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) website(external link).
Christchurch Flood Management Areas
Christchurch is a low-lying city and there have always been areas that are prone to flooding during heavy rainfall, the Canterbury Earthquakes has worsened flooding in many areas of the city through damage to waterways and land.
For more information, view these external links:
New Builds Include:
- Residential Buildings
- Light Commercial Buildings
- Fresh New Homes
- Architectural Homes
- Retail Establishments
- As Is Where Is Homes
- Hill-top Builds
Dave & Mary McCann – Rental Rebuild